Paying your caregiver for the first time

Kindly Care will help you with all the paperwork and steps you’ll need to initiate payments for your new caregiver:

If you don’t already have one, Kindly Care will help you obtain a Federal “Employer Identification Number” (EIN) that registers you as the employer (similar to your social security number)

We’ll also help you register in the state of California as a household employer

And we’ll ensure that your new caregiver fills out a W-4, stating her tax withholding preferences, and an I-9, confirming her eligibility to work in the U.S.

Was this article helpful?
6 out of 6 found this helpful


Article is closed for comments.